At the Heart of the Abyss
Weapons have a few features that distinguish them. The amount of damage the weapon does is important, of course. Also of interest is how many rounds the weapon can fire before it has to be reloaded, and the ranges where the weapon is the most effective.Weapons ranges are set at Short Range, Medium Range, and Long Range. Weapons can hit targets that are one range step outside their effective range, but they do half damage when they hit. A weapon can’t hit effectively at all more than one range category outside it’s effective ranges.
- Short Range: Anything from Melee range to within a few yards counts as short range.
- Medium Range: Outside of short range, but still close enough to be able to pick out details visually on the enemy. Medium range is the norm for most combatants.
- Long Range: Too far away to easily see more than a silhouette and and uniform colors.
|Kessler 151||+3||5 / 9||20||19||Short; Med||1||1||500|
|Striker P12||+2||8 / 12||20||13||Short; Med||0||2||750|
|Stinger MG4||+3||8 / 12||20||15||Short; Med||1||3||1000|
|M-3 Predator||+1||10 / 15||20||9||Short; Med||0||1||800|
|M-5 Stallion||-1||12 / 16||18-20||7||Short||1||2||1200|
|M-6 Carnifex||0||10 / 15||19-20||6||Short; Med||1||3||1600|
|ZT Stinger||+3||18 / 26||20||6||Short; Med||1||4||9600|
|M-23 Katana||0||16 / 25||19-20||12||Short||2||1||1000|
|M-27 Scimitar||+1||18 / 27||20||7||Short; Med||1||2||1500|
|M-22 Eviscerator||0||20 / 30||19-20||9||Short||2||3||2000|
|M-300 Claymore||-5||32 / 47||17-20||6||Short||1||4||15000|
|Sub Machine Guns|
|M-4 Shuriken||+5||8 / 14||20||45 (15)||Short; Med||1||1||1000|
|Shuriken Auto||+2||12 / 18||20||45 (3)||Short; Med||1||1|
|M-9 Tempest||+2||12 / 16||20||90 (30)||Short; Med||0||2||1500|
|Tempest Auto||0||16 / 21||20||90 (6)||Short; Med||0||2|
|M-12 Locust||+3||10 / 15||20||60 (20)||Short; Med||1||3||1750|
|Locust Auto||0||16 / 24||20||60 (4)||Short; Med||1||3|
|M-17 Hornet||+6||14 / 21||20||90 (30)||Short; Med||1||4||6750|
|Hornet Auto||+2||20 / 30||20||90 (6)||Short; Med||1||4|
|M-8 Avenger||+4||10 / 15||20||75 (25)||S; M; L||1||1||1600|
|Avenger Auto||+1||15 / 23||20||75 (5)||S; M; L||1||1|
|M-15 Vindicator||+3||12 / 18||20||60 (20)||S; M; L||2||2||1800|
|Vindicator Auto||0||16 / 25||20||60 (4)||S; M; L||2||2|
|M-76 Revenant||+5||12 / 18||20||90 (30)||S; M; L||2||3||2500|
|Revenant Auto||+2||18 / 27||20||90 (6)||S; M; L||2||3|
|AR-55 Breaker||+3||18 / 27||20||60 (20)||S; M; L||2||4||7500|
|Breaker Auto||+0||27 / 32||20||60 (4)||S; M; L||2||4|
|M-92 Mantis||+3||16 / 24||20||7||Med; Long||2||1||2000|
|M-97 Viper||+7||10 / 16||20||12||S; M; L||1||2||3000|
|Viper Burst||+3||18 / 27||20||12 (4)||S; M; L||1||2|
|M-29 Incisor||+5||20 / 30||20||3||Med; Long||2||3||3500|
|Widow Anti-Materiel Rifle@||+2||40 / 60||20||6||Med: Long||1||4||10,000|
@ Requires Tripod or Cybernetics to fire. Setting up a Tripod is a Standard Action.
Heavy weapons are usually delegated to a single member of the squad. They almost always have some kind of explosive effect that would made the battlefield too dangerous if an entire squad was using them. Even when a squad does have a heavy weapons guy, these weapons are often toted out only once in a while, at least during commando work. Most operatives are engaged in missions where the precise use of force is better than mass destruction. Still, it’s good to at least have the option to cut loose if it turns out to be needed.
Heavy weapons are extremely time consuming to reload, taking 2 Standard Actions instead of one. It takes two rounds on the move to reload a heavy weapon, or it can be accomplished by spending one whole round working on it, and then part of the next.
For Heavy Weapons, if a range is listed in Red the weapon is dangerous to fire at that range due to the ferocity of its explosion or some other factor. For weapons with a blast, S = a small blast, smaller than a typical Short Range explosion from the center. L = A large blast that covers an entire Short Range area, and X designates a blast that covers a truly substantial area.
|Missile Launcher||50 / 75||1||Short; Medium; Long||S||Knockdown|
|Cryo Blaster||10 / 20||7||Short; Medium||L||x5 Shield Damage|
|Flamethrower||20 / 30||5||Short||S||Ignites|
|M-920 Cain||150||1||Short; Medium; Long||X||Knockback|
|Autocannon||30 / 45||1200 (6)||Short; Medium; Long||–||Suppression|
|Goober Gun||Special||10||Short; Medium||L||Immobilizes|
|Heat Sink I||2000||5||L||1|
|Rail Extension II||10,000||3||R||2|
|Recoil Damper||3000||5||L||1||Recoil Stabilizer||7500||3||L||2|
- +5 to base gun damage.
- 1/2 ammo capacity.
- +1 to weapon accuracy.
- +3 total bonus to accuracy when firing on a cloaked target.
- Ammo capacity of the weapon increased by 25%, rounded up.
- Multiple Heat Sinks are cumulative in their increase, assuming the weapon has more than one upgrade slot.
- Ammo capacity increased by 100%.
- Weapon accuracy reduced by 5.
- +2 to weapon base damage.
- Ammo capacity reduced by 20% (rounded up).
- +5 to weapon base damage.
- Ammo capacity reduced by 10% (rounded up).
- +2 to weapon accuracy when firing on Autofire.
- Cannot increase the weapon’s accuracy beyond the weapon’s burst-fire accuracy.
- +1 to weapon accuracy.
- +4 to accuracy when the weapon is firing on autofire mode. (up to modified burst accuracy)
- +100% shields when activated, to the armor’s normal maximum.
- Shields cannot be regenerated by avoiding damage or with powers like Shield Boost until armor is repaired.