At the Heart of the Abyss
Melee and Misc
This page is a repository for combat rules that don’t fit elsewhere.
Melee FightingMelee Damage: Melee attacks typically inflict the attacker’s Str score in damage, unless augmented in some way. There are a few things that often give a bonus to Melee attack damage.
- Special Training: Learning where and how to strike can improve a character’s ability to hit hard.
- Biotics: Biotic characters can learn to give their strikes a little bit more oomph with a quick biotic field.
- Weapon: Having something to hit the enemy with other than your bare hands is usually a good thing. The most common Melee weapon is just the butt of the attacker’s rifle. Occasionaly, some people will acquire a dedicated melee weapon, but that’s rare in modern fighting.
- Hitting with the butt of a rifle or other gun gives the attack +1 damage.
- Hitting with a knife or other small melee weapon deals +2 damage. Using a sword or large melee weapon grants a +3.