At the Heart of the Abyss
Leveling up is the main way characters advance. Each level brings with it additional Health, and some kind of attribute increase. Certain bonuses apply to every character upon reaching that level, and there is a chart below to list them.
Other bonuses are granted specifically by the character’s class. Those are linked here, and from the class’s main page.
Each level also brings 4 additional points to spend on Powers.
Each odd-numbered level grants 1 point in one of the 3 Social Skills: Deception, Intimidation, or Persuasion. These act as the ‘colored text’ conversation options from the video game. Social skills may be Grandmastered whenever the character has enough points. Social skills cannot be purchased by any other method.
Levels by XP
Level bonuses for all SpectresKey:
- +1 for a skill means increase a skill by 1 rank or buy a new skill at Novice.
- +1 for an attribute means increase any attribute by 1.
- G in the skill column means a Grandmaster rank may be purchased at or above that level.
- A character may only have as many Grandmaster ranks as are at or below his level on the chart.
- +A in attributes means non-humans get a second Attribute point.
- This second point must be spent in one of the attributes that got a bonus at character creation.
- +H in the Resolve column means Humans gain an additional point of Resolve.
|Level||G Skills||P Skills||Attribute||Resolve|
|1||1E 2P 1N||1P||15||5|