At the Heart of the Abyss
- Role: Engineers are some of the most versatile operatives around. For a space-faring society, everything depends on tech, and Engineers know Tech. An Engineer’s gear is tuned to be working at 150% at all times, their shields can withstand a terrible beating. Enemies facing a good engineer find themselves unable to rely on crucial technology, from shields to weapons, even armor subsystems can be attacked. When dealing with machines and computers, Engineers reign supreme, able to go beyond hacking to actually taking control of the device.
- Key Attribute: Intelligence – Engineers must be brilliant to be able to know as much as they do, and react to new technology on the fly.
- Secondary Attributes: Reflexes, Willpower
- Armor: Engineers can wear Medium armor, due to customizing it for a perfect fit.
- Weapons: Engineers prefer one-handed weapons that let them use drones or grenades with their off-hand. SMGs are preferred, engineers prefer weapons that have large ammo clips over slower, heavier hitting guns.
- Accuracy: +1 at 1st Level
- Weapon Specialization:
- Sub Machine Gun +2
- Light Pistol +1
- Defense: +7 at 1st Level
- Tech Defense: +5 at 1st Level
- Biotic Defense: +1 at 1st Level
- Health at 1st Level: 15 + Toughness
- Shields at 1st Level: +20
- Class Skills: Demolitions; Mechanic; Science
- Class Powers:
- Combat Drone – A mobile weapons platform that can be loaded with various software and hardware.
- Energy Drain – A specialized drone that drains shields and tech device power supplies.
- Shield Regulator – A device that greatly enhances shield performance.
- Tech Mastery – The ability to remote-control nearly any device, computer, or machine.
- Variable Grenade – A tech grenade that can change loadouts and detonation on the fly.