At the Heart of the Abyss
- Role: Adepts have the capacity to control and shut down multiple enemies with their powerful biotic fields. They have options against single powerful opponents as well, weakening defenses and dealing brutal shocks. Because of their focus on difficult biotics, they have less time to work on weapon and armor familiarization. Thus, they are generally second-line fighters, tearing apart foes from behind the protection of a Soldier or Sentinel.
- Key Attribute: Willpower – It takes a strong will to master so many biotics, and use them powerfully enough to toss an entire squad into the air.
- Armor: Adepts train with only light armor, and are usually uncomfortable in more restrictive gear.
- Weapons: Adepts train in the Light Pistol and one other weapon, generally something simple like a SMG or Heavy Pistol.
- Accuracy: +1 at 1st Level
- Weapon Specialization: Light Pistol +1 (No bonus to secondary trained weapon)
- Defense: +6 at 1st Level
- Tech Defense: +2 at 1st Level
- Biotic Defense: +5 at 1st Level
- Health at 1st Level: 25 + Toughness
- Shields at 1st Level: No Bonus
- Class Skills: Deception; Sensitivity; Telekinisis
- Class Powers:
- Pull – Lifts enemies into the air and brings them toward the Adept.
- Neural Shock – A biotic attack on the nervous system that shuts organics down and attacks biotic barriers.
- Singularity – A very powerful mass effect field that lifts everything not nailed down and brings it to the center of the effect.
- Shockwave – A concussive blast of force that damages and pushes closely grouped targets.
- Wirlwind – A spinning mass-effect field that attacks an area with both kinetic force and debris.